- March 9, 2013
- Posted by: IDC
- Category: Blog Post
IDC is expanding and looks for qualified people to fill a positions. We are especially encouraging qualified applications from the respective regions (West Africa / East Africa).
A state government in West Africa requires a new policy framework for job creation and economic empowerment. The framework will build upon a large baseline study conducted prior to the start of the contract. It intends to consolidate existing sectorial policies in various MDAs into a single coherent document that improves the regulatory framework (including tax and licenses); provides skills development and business/management development services and innovative incentives.
We are looking for a senior consultant in the field of economic development, policy, regulations and preferably has experience with SMEs and their challenges. The consultant will lead on the inception of a policy framework and an accompanying plan for implementation. The work spans between 10 and 20 days (to be confirmed with the client and successful candidate) Work will be carried out partly in Nigeria with a possibility for remote desk research and is likely to commence in July/August 2013.
We offer a short-term consultancy position with the possibility of becoming and IDC Associate. The assignment includes accommodation, flights and a daily competitive allowance. You will be part of a friendly and motivated team of consultants from different background and experiences.
- Minimum of two years experience of policy development and consultancy
- A proven track record in working for large multilateral organizations or governments
- Masters Degree in a related field (Development, Humanities, International Relations, Economics) or the equivalent of a Bachelor degree with work experience
- Diplomatic skills
- Willingness to capacity build, work with interns and participate in the project management
- Good physical condition (There might be fieldwork involved. A day in the field can reach from 5am to 6pm)
- Results orientated with a can-do attitude
- Experience in Africa
How to apply?
Interested candidates should get in touch with email@example.com. Please and send you CV and a brief cover letter clearly outlining your experience in the mentioned areas.